How to Choose a Paint Contractor
- Choose a paint contractor that is independently owned and locally operated. Kenneth Axt Painting has been family owned and operated for over 40 years. We are invested and involved in our community.
- Kenneth Axt, CEO, is still actively involved in the day to day operations of the company. He provides all interior estimates, visits job sites and routinely engages with customers. This hands on management ensures that our clients never feel lost in the shuffle of a franchise operation.
- Ken’s wife, Carleen, is our CFO and manages the day to day financial operations of the company as well as ensuring compliance with liability and worker’s compensation insurance.
- Ken’s brother, David Axt, delivers exemplary service for our exterior painting clients. David prepares all exterior estimates with the highest attention to detail. Our office manager, Cheryl Davis, has been with the company for over 10 years. Cheryl delivers exceptional service and manages the scheduling for all of the painting crews. The office administrative assistant, Donna, is integral in gathering all information for new clients and following up to ensure that all aspects of your painting project progresses seamlessly.
Ready to Get Started?
Understanding the Painting Estimate
- Avoid estimates that are done quickly with little attention to detail. The painting estimate should actually be an inspection of potential problems areas of a home (there are approximately 14!).
- Our exterior estimate process generally takes between 1-2 hours, depending on the size of the home. This detailed inspection saves our clients a lot of money in future maintenance expenses.
- Ken (interior estimates) and David (exterior estimates) prepare on-site, detailed estimates for your painting job. The estimate is left with you the same day.
The Importance of Carpentry
- Our attention to important carpentry repairs is what sets Kenneth Axt Painting apart from other painting contractors. We urge you to avoid estimates that are done quickly with little attention to the detailed repairs that are needed to extend the life of your painting investment. While these details may seem to cost more money up front, the cost savings over time far outweigh the initial expense.
- The carpenter for Kenneth Axt Paining has been with the company for more than 12 years. Quality repairs and replacement of rotting wood with more impervious products rather than “patching” over soft wood prevents bubbling & peeling paint.
- Appropriate carpentry repairs are key to beautiful, lasting finishes for your home.
Paint with Confidence
- Choose a paint contractor that can provide you with the necessary tools and advice to make the right color selections for your project. Out of date or common color combinations can impact the value of your home. Our expert Color Consultant can meet with you to help you select colors for your home’s interior or exterior. Designing just the right colors to complement your personal style!
- Free Color Consultations are available for all exterior and interior painting projects.
- Choose a paint contractor that uses the highest quality productions. You don’t want an inferior product that is the weak link in the chain. Across the board, we select top quality products from caulk, mildew-cide, painters putty to paints and stains.
- Kenneth Axt Painting uses only the best Sherwin Williams Paints & Stains to ensure beautiful, lasting finishes inside & out!
Knowledgeable & Experienced Staff
- As a family owned and operated business, Kenneth Axt Painting has forged long-lasting relationships with our office staff, field support team and painting crews. Many of our employees and contractors have been with the company for 5-18 years. The high retention rate provides a level of comfort and continuity for our clients.
- You can trust that our team has the knowledge and experience necessary to address even the most complicated issues.
Liability & Workers’ Compensation Insurance
- Cover your assets by ensuring that you choose a paint contractor that carries the appropriate insurance. They must carry Workers’ Compensation and General Liability. General Liability should be at least $2 million coverage.
- Ask your painting contractor to have a certificate of insurance sent directly to you from his insurance company, this confirms the proper insurance and also that it is current and no lapse in coverage.
10 Year Warranty & Maintenance Program
We will do three periodic inspections at 3, 6 and 10 years FREE.
1) We check for peeling paint – if we find any we repair it free
2) We inspect for rotten wood and give you an estimate for necessary repair
3) We make recommendations of items that will need attention and the costs, such as deck staining, pressure washing and washing the driveway, and cleaning out the gutters.